1. What classes do you teach?
This year, Senior Math Portfolio, Senior Math Review, Honors Algebra 2, and AP Calculus BC.
2. What college/university did you graduate from? When? What degree/s do you have?
BA in Mathematics from Columbia College in NY.
3. What clubs do you run?
None presently. In the past, Academic Team and Chess Club.
4. What was your favorite subject in school? Why?
Geometry and all things Calculus. In college, I really enjoyed my Anthropology classes and Art Humanities. It’s sad that people go through life without learning to distinguish a Gothic Cathedral from a Romanesque.
5. Who is your inspiration?
Dr. Leonard Masse and Dr. Jatinder Singh
6. What are some of your hobbies?
I am a rated Chess Expert, which just means that I have managed to play a handful of games that don’t require an apology. I drew a tournament game with an International Master from Cuba once. Also, I get lucky sometimes and take a halfway decent photograph on my travels through Spain.
7. Any future goals? What are they?
To retire with some measure of sanity.
8. What’s a fun fact about you that you would want the school to know?
I have grown to envy my cat. Ample gourmet food, regular massages, 16 hours of deep sleep every day, and unlimited cuddles on demand: who doesn’t envy my cat?
9. Do you have a favorite quote or phrase that you live by? What is it?
Nothing specific springs to mind, but you can learn more from listening to any 10 minutes of George Carlin’s material than from doing just about anything else for those 10 minutes.